Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't pull all your eggs in one basket!

The single life is such a funny thing. It's still something that I completely don't understand but yet wouldn't change it for anything! Through the past years of me being single I have learned SOO-OOO much about myself and I truely feel like I'm myself again... but only not ALL the time. Only when I know I am comfortable being me... It's such a funny thing. I've come to realize that the relationships I have been in I've completely morphed into someone I don't even know. Even the friends I have... with one group I'm known as 'the goody goody,' yet with another i'm 'the rebel.' ... And lets not even get me started on dating. Dating is so weird and I absolutely HATE hate HaTe all the rules. ' Don't call, be the chase. No back to backs. Don't seem too interested. Okay, now you're playing too hard to get...' the list goes on and on. I just want to be ME... ALLYSON LEIGH BARNEY. The girl who truely cares about how your day is going, and not hinting that I want to 'hang out later.' The girl who feels most comfortable in sweats and a pony-tail. I'm the girl who just wants to have fun. I don't need you to take me to the most expensive restaraunt in town, I'd rather a picnic in the park. I'm at a time in my life where I've decided that I'M DONE BEING WHO EVERYONE ELSE WANTS ME TO BE. I want to be me. If it's not good enough for someone else, that's fine by me. (okay really, that's where i'm totally lying. i HATE when people don't like me.) but that's what I'm going to work on... I love my life and who I'm becoming. But, I am a people pleaser. I say what people want to hear. I do what people would think I'd do. Well, I'm going on ME vacation!

...if only i were closer to a beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment