Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Sabbath! :)

It amazes me how we have so much control over our happiness and yet some people are still unhappy. My glass is ALWAYS half full, (if not completely full) and I will always strive to find the goodness out any bad situation. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with this amazing ability. I see so many people out there unhappy. I would give anything to make them feel happy! I'm not saying I'm never unhappy or sad, but I like to snap out of it as fast as I can. This week I was driving and stressing about the usual, "what am I doing with my life?," and in the middle of this thought I couldn't help but start to giggle. Heavenly Father knows all. It's all in His timing. With this I thought, "He must be sitting up there looking down and laughing at me! Like 'really Ally? You're worrying about this again?'". Needless to say I quickly turned on a good song to brighten my mood and I was instantly better. :) Gotta find the humor in everything!! I was reading my scriptures today and stumbled upon a passage that I had highlighted a few months back. It was right after a rough situation and it was a complete answer to my prayers. I knew instantly the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. The scripture is D&C 25: 2-4, 15.

2: A revelation I give unto you concerning my will; and if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion.
3: Behold, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou art an elect lady, whom I have called.
4: Murmur not because of the things which thou hast not seen, for they are withheld from thee and from the world, which is wisdom in me in a time to come.
15: Keep my commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you cannot come.

Ah, my heart was literally pounding out of my chest when I was reading this. My Heavenly Father knows me personally. He knows the true desires of my heart. And I know that I am a daughter of God.



1 comment: